Love, love love this!! Gives a hint of coverage and lovely glow. Great protection and lovely new refillable packaging!
Love, love this SPF. The colour of the product really gives the skin something extra - fab!
The best spf I've ever used, especially good if you get melasma (skin pigment) as it is a mineral spf and its tinted which is the only type of spf that can properly protect your skin from this kind of pigmentation. I LOVE it.
Skingredients Skin Shield SPF 50 PA+++ is your multi award-winning, broad-spectrum SPF that’ll protect your skin + lightly moisturise, while imparting a dewy finish + peachy tint. Our SPF has a legion of fans that adore its glow, glow, glow!
Granted, Skin Shield’s peachy tint isn’t suitable for dark-skinned hoomans, but watch this space – we'll be serving you a skin-inclusive SPF in 2022.
The 04 in the KeyFour range – Skin Shield is the ESSENTIAL final step in every hooman’s AM skin recipe! It’s your lightweight mineral parasol that’ll shield (wink, wink) your skin from damaging UVA + UVB rays, blue light (aka HEV light) emitted from the sun + our screens, pollution and infrared.
For added skin benefits (because we don’t do anything by halves), you’ll find niacinamide – otherwise known as vitamin B3 – and vitamin E for the antioxidant protection against pesky environmental aggressors. Plus, trust the moisturising addition of allantoin to smooth the skin. It is non-comedogenic, oil-free, water-resistant and non-greasy, and what’s more, there’s no need to stress about a chalky white cast and photo flashback.
Nerdie tip: Fully massage into the skin to ensure efficacy. Apply every morning post-serum as the perfect makeup primer.
Please note that you need to purchase a primary pack for each product if this is your first purchase as the refill tubes do not come with pumps.
Rock Star Ingredients:
- Zinc oxide: a mineral that works as a physical SPF filter (SPF 50, PA +++)
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3): an antioxidant that improves skin tone and texture
- Vitamin E: a potent antioxidant to protect the skin from free radical damage
- Allantoin: a moisturising ingredient that smooths the skin
Who Is It For:
- All hoomans – regardless of skin type
- Those with sensitive skin – mineral filters are generally well-tolerated by sensitive skins
- Those who want a product that works hard – Skin Shield SPF 50 PA+++ is your broad-spectrum SPF, your antioxidant protection, your moisturiser and your pre-makeup primer
- Dermatologically tested
- Ocular tested – because your peepers need protection too
- Suitable for all skin types
- Suitable for mamas-to-be (suitable for use during pregnancy)
- Coming soon – Skin Shield for dark-skinned hoomans®
How To Refill:
So, you’re obsessed with your 04® (aka the yellow one) – as you should be! Now it’s time to top-up on your dewy, moisturising sun protectant. Here’s how:
- To begin, twist your inner tube out.
- Twist off the pump and keep your pump!
- Take your refill tube, remove the lid and twist the lid back on.
- Screw the inner tube into the outer tube.
- Away you go - apply ½ a pump in the AM and at 2-hour intervals after.
- Wash, dry + recycle your refill.
How To Use:
- Use every single day in the AM.
- Apply ½ a teaspoon to your face, neck and ears evenly, plus more on any exposed areas as recommended by the Irish Cancer Society.
- Reapply every 2 hours when the skin is in direct light.
How To Recycle:
The outer tube (primary pack): your tube-for-life that’s made from resilient, ultra-durable materials that are built to last multiple uses and protect the integrity of the rock star ingredients found within. The primary pack isn’t recyclable, but watch this space – we're committed to making our outer tube recyclable within the next 18 months.
The inner tube (refill): is made from polypropylene (aka PP) and polyethylene (aka PE), both of which are widely recyclable plastics.
How to recycle your inner tubes:
- Use every last drop of your Skingredients product.
- Thoroughly rinse the refillable inner tube.
- Make sure that the refill is completely dry.
- Pop in your household recycling bin.
- Feel happy knowing you’re getting skin results aplenty + doing your bit for the planet.
Cardboard outer tubes: durable and fully recyclable packaging that’s made from cardboard – it'll deliver your skincare in style. We use a biodegradable soy-based ink that’s easily removed during the de-inking process, which makes our cardboard packaging easily recyclable.
How to recycle your cardboard outer tubes: pop them into your household recycling bin.